Wayne Fay wrote:

However, the CDDL source code license ensures we **can** download the
proper source, build/unit test, package, bundle with poms, and deploy
**those** executables from the repo.

This is an important difference. That's why I originally said:
Assuming we all agree that we can do it legally, I'd be happy to build
the jars, write the poms, and add to Jira for uploading.

Any more comments? :-)

That would be progress. One thing to check is how much difference is there between a JAR made that way and a released JAR. In an ideal world. apart from manifest data, there would be no difference.

But if there is a difference, there is a risk that something wont work, and then who is left fielding the problems?

Maybe the artifacts should be published with a groupId that indicates it was rebuilt or something, so that glassfish-rebuilt-jta-1.0.3.jar is clearly different from jta-1.0.3.jar.

-steve