I would like to be able to substitute timestamps with the build time into a resource file. As I understand it, there is currently no plugin to to this, so I consider writing one.

The plugin should leverage the existing resource filtering mechanism of M2. The plugin would take a configuration like this:

<configuration>
  <timestamps>
    <timestamp>
       <propertyName>build.date</propertyName>
       <pattern>yyyy.MM.dd</pattern>
    <timestamp>
  <timestamps>
</configuration>

Running the plugin with this configuration would define the M2 property build.date, and any filtered resource file would get ${build.date} substituted with 2006.02.28 or whatever the date at build time is.

WDYT?

Best regards,
Anders