On 4/13/06, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> jerome lacoste wrote:
> > There were 2 potential NPE reported in that issue. One was already
> > fixed as a side effect to another bug fix. The other one, I want to be
> > able to understand how it can happen (e.g. if the NPE is just caused
> > by a user configuration/usage error, I won't push the proposed patch),
> > so I need to understand why project.getArtifact() can return null. Can
> > someone tell me when this can happen?
>
> the artifact should never be null (unless something tries to set it to
> null explicity in a mojo). The main thing that comes up null is
> getFile(), which is when the packaging mojo didn't set it.

Thanks for looking into this.

OK then there's something wrong in at least 2 users setup. Will be
hard for me to troubleshoot what their other mojos are doing.

If null if not an accepted argument to MavenProject.setArtifact(), can
we add a throw new NullPointerException() in that setter method to
identify the issue?

Or log a warning if it's an accepted but very uncommon case?

Cheers,

Jerome