Or can't Maven offer you to upgrade like it does with plugin (or use to)?

On 7/5/06, Jesse McConnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
yep, totally...its just that 3.7 should never be 'fuzzy' from a
dependency standpoint unless it is 3.7-SNAPSHOT or this new idea of
incrementing pom versions for same jar.

in freebsd versioning this would be equivalent to something like
treating this 3.7-1 deal as 3.7-STABLE which could be treated just
like the -SNAPSHOT.  Difference being that 3.7-STABLE refers to the
evolution of metadata surrounding tne 3.7 release whereas -SNAPSHOT
refers to evolution of the underlying code.

jesse

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Dependency+Mediation+and+Conflict+Resolution

> > then when it comes to your release time, pin it down to a specific
> > version of the pom for release
>
> I did think of ranges, but even atm 3.7 is just a 'soft' version -
> merely a recommendation.  This notion could be extended to accommodate
> the above, with it becoming the 'hard' version [3.7-1] at release
> time.
>
> Mark

jesse mcconnell
jesseDOTmcconnellATgmailDOTcom