The permissions settings must be 664 for files. It must be define in the
settings.xml like this:

    <server>
      <id>apache.snapshots</id>
      <username>evenisse</username>
      <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
      <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
    </server>

For files you modified, you can fix permissions with fix-permissions.sh script in /x1/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

Note to all developpers: Please fix your permissions settings, it's very
important!

Emmanuel

Dennis Lundberg a écrit :
Hi all

I just tried to deploy a new snapshot of the docck plugin. The new jar was correctly uploaded to: /www/people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-docck-plugin/1.0-SNAPSHOT

But then I got an error message saying:

"[INFO] Error installing artifact's metadata: Error while deploying metadata: SCP terminated with error: 'scp: /www/cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-docck-plugin/1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml: Permission denied'"

I checked the file and directory permissions and found out that folders above had 775 but that all files, including maven-metadata.xml* had 644. How am I supposed to be able to write to those metadata files?

This is not restricted to this plugin/version. Should we be using other permissions settings when deploying snapshots?