On 7/28/06, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks for the help from everyone.

Using the following piece of scripting I managed to change the
permissions so that I could deploy a snapshot, in case someone else
needs it.

Important! Don't run it all in one batch, as I use the -f flag for rm.
Make sure the files have been copied before they are removed.

Restore file permissions on maven-metadata files in the current directory:

cp maven-metadata.xml maven-metadata.xml.bak
cp maven-metadata.xml.md5 maven-metadata.xml.md5.bak
cp maven-metadata.xml.sha1 maven-metadata.xml.sha1.bak
chmod 664 maven-metadata.xml*.bak
rm -f maven-metadata.xml
rm -f maven-metadata.xml.md5
rm -f maven-metadata.xml.sha1
mv maven-metadata.xml.bak maven-metadata.xml
mv maven-metadata.xml.md5.bak maven-metadata.xml.md5
mv maven-metadata.xml.sha1.bak maven-metadata.xml.sha1

I'm still a bit confused about what permissions, if any, to have in my
settings.xml though.

     <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
     <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>

or

     <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
     <filePermissions>644</filePermissions>
fixing manually the maven-metadata files

--
Dennis Lundberg

Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> In fact the suggested option is 644 for files, the problem is that
> maven doesn't delete the metadata files before uploading the new ones,
> there's already a jira.
>
> You can manually delete the metadata files and create them again
> copying the contents and setting the 664 permissions. Then try to
> deploy again
>
> On 7/28/06, Emmanuel Venisse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> The permissions settings must be 664 for files. It must be define in
>> the settings.xml like this:
>>
>>      <server>
>>        <id>apache.snapshots</id>
>>        <username>evenisse</username>
>>        <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
>>        <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
>>      </server>
>>
>> For files you modified, you can fix permissions with
>> fix-permissions.sh script in
>> /x1/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
>>
>> Note to all developpers: Please fix your permissions settings, it's
>> very important!
>>
>> Emmanuel
>>
>> Dennis Lundberg a écrit :
>> > Hi all
>> >
>> > I just tried to deploy a new snapshot of the docck plugin. The new jar
>> > was correctly uploaded to:

/www/people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-docck-plugin/1.0-SNAPSHOT

>> > But then I got an error message saying:
>> >
>> > "[INFO] Error installing artifact's metadata: Error while deploying
>> > metadata: SCP terminated with error: 'scp:

/www/cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-docck-plugin/1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml:

>> > Permission denied'"
>> >
>> > I checked the file and directory permissions and found out that folders
>> > above had 775 but that all files, including maven-metadata.xml* had
>> 644.
>> > How am I supposed to be able to write to those metadata files?
>> >
>> > This is not restricted to this plugin/version. Should we be using other
>> > permissions settings when deploying snapshots?

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                            -- The Princess Bride