I'm working on a patch to bootstrap mini that requires a change to ModelReader. The current design with all the if...else if... and depth comparisons looks a bit monolithic. I would like to change this to a modular handler/stack-based design, where each element has a separate handler class. When an element is encountered, the current handler is asked for the new handler, which in turn is pushed on the stack.

Is this acceptable?

Regards,
Jochen