On 3 Dec 06, at 4:28 PM 3 Dec 06, Mark Hobson wrote:

Hi there,

Has anyone got any objections to adding a new 'pre-package' phase to
the default lifecycle?  This is required by goals such as
tomcat:run-war which require package pre-processing (overlaying wars,
etc.) but not necessarily the fully built archive.

I'll raise an issue if no-one objects.

What else would use it. I'm generally fine with things changing provided you have the magic three. And can you think of any adverse affects or conflicts with other phases. I can't think of any off the top of my head but adding a new lifecycle is not something we can ever take away once we do add it.

Jason.

Cheers,

Mark