On 18 Dec 06, at 10:23 AM 18 Dec 06, Tom Huybrechts wrote:

On 12/18/06, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 18 Dec 06, at 9:59 AM 18 Dec 06, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> Graham,
>

> On Monday 18 December 2006 04:26, Graham Leggett wrote:
>>> For compilation purpose the win32 eclipse jars are availabe in
>>> maven (
>>> repo1.maven.org), so compilation is not a problem.
>>
>> The eclipse jars in repo1.maven.org are over a year old, and only
>> a small
>> subset of the eclipse jars are available. It's far safer in the
>> long term
>> to create a complete and up to date repo of your own.
>
> The problem is that the project Bhupendra is talking about is an
> open source
> project with developers from SEVERAL companies scattered all over
> the place,
> several of which don't have their own internal maven repositories
> setup.
> Thus, requiring this basically would require each developer to do this
> themselves which the whole point of maven's dependency management
> stuff was
> to avoid all that.
>
> My can't someone on the Maven team run the plugin/script and put
> them up on
> repo1 someplace?   That's what I'm having a hard time
> understanding.   People
> obviously want them published, what stopping them from being
> published?

Seems like a good idea to me.

Jason.

We'd better have the POMs right the first time with regards to
dependencies, because they cannot be updated.

We can put them in a staging repository for people to use for a while and let people evaluate them. Fix over the course of a few weeks and let release them into the wild.

Jason.

Tom