"Graham Leggett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am 18.12.2006 17:53:54:

> The problem I saw posted recently about this was that once published,
the
> repository is cast in stone, including errors.

=8*O I beg your pardon? I looked in JIRA but couldn't find a report about
this. Is there? If not, I'd open one. ;-)

The idea that you'll never have to fix a broken POM/JAR/whatever is just
ridiculous. :-) As I understand it, the repo admins are just very
reluctant to modify already published artefacts.

The repository IS cast in stone. Deployed POMs are not updated since
clients do not expect them to change and will not check for updates
(nor should they). This is an integral part of build reproducibility.

The only way to fix a broken artifact is by uploading a new version.

Tom

Aaron Digulla