On 19 Dec 06, at 4:31 PM 19 Dec 06, Brett Porter wrote:

Hi,

I am going to start looking into the issue with Archiva hanging on repository.maven.org, then look at getting a release together, since there has been a spike in interest and we can't really just recommend people grab it from SVN.

Other than that issue, does anyone have any "must fixes" for a release?

It must go back to an alpha, and I don't think it's even close to being able to being released.

It's is totally unstable on central. Drawing in people to a release I don't think is the right thing to do.

I will respond to your previous email about the design flaws but I don't think a release is wise. It is totally not ready for a release even as an alpha.

Jason.

- Brett