+1 from me. For practical purposes, we can control a single environment much
more easily (eg. removing the local repository before we build a release, or
making sure it's built on JDK 1.4) than N developer boxes. Even if the
builds are 100% reproducible, it's not a bad idea to have a clean
environment for staging releases, so development
artifacts/code/environment/etc. don't get in the way.

-j