On 18/01/07, Brian E. Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I guess I'm a little behind in this thread:

1st, I think dependency:list is effectively the same as the existing
dependency:resolve is it not? The artifacts need to be resolved if you are
going to include transitive stuff.

This is true, I haven't used dependency:resolve until you mentioned
it.  I guess the only difference is that it doesn't show the scope of
the dependencies, but this could be easily resolved.

2nd, I like this suggestion best so far:
"dependency:<scope> -Dtype=<list|tree>

then everybody has the possibility to configure a property in his settings for the
preferred view type ..."

Although I'm on the fence about having to make a separate goal for each. I
think this is still very close to resolve. It would be nice if there was a way
to alias a goal to something that exists and default the params without having
to create a whole new class.

Yeah that was my problem with the multiple goals, it would start to
clutter the plugin usage.  I agree list is similar to resolve.  Tree
could also be performed by resolve, but just with a different output
format.  Maybe list and tree could be synonyms of resolve, implemented
as a simple subclass?

Mark