On 13 Feb 07, at 8:40 PM 13 Feb 07, Jason Dillon wrote:

Any comments from the Maven developers on this one?

Give me a one line sample of each type of message that's too verbose, and I can see about flipping it to debug instead of info.

Jason.

I really think all these WARNING messages are more harmful than useful... running a build thats all I see when I glance at the console. They really make it much more harder than really needed to _see_ what is really going on.

That, and if you need to add a few more repos to pick up artifacts, the output of mvn due to all of these WARNING messages increases significantly. Logs end up as 80% WARNING, 20% actual build related output.

:-(

--jason