There are some initiatives like Apache Felix about repackaging
libraries from the maven repository until projects themselves include
the OSGi manifest.

It makes sense in the meantime to have a Maven repo with same
structure but with OSGi bundles. This repo would be temporal and
things could change over the time until it's stable.

There was already a temporal repo from eclipse installation in
http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse/ Artifacts there can go into central
with one change, bundle id = groupId + artifactId, meaning that they
are going to be stored in the repo with different name than they are
in the eclipse installation.
eg. org.eclipse.equinox.common will be group=org.eclipse.equinox artifact=common

About infrastructure, we'd need to know if maven.org has enough
bandwidth to host it or we need to look for alternatives. I'm gonna
run it also through [EMAIL PROTECTED] to see if we can have apache
artifacts in apache machines and sync as we do with the usual maven
repo.

comments?

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.