I agree with Brett, this is a 2.1 change, not a 2.0.x

Now as Jochen says, nothing prevents pushing stuff from 2.1 to 2.2 and
get an earlier 2.1, i though we were going to do it anyway.

On 3/16/07, Jochen Wiedmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 3/16/07, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Our users must be able to trust point releases are safe upgrades.
> Let's start moving on putting out 2.1 milestone releases instead.

Agreed. On the other hand, most others seem to consider this change important.

So, why not simply renaming 2.0.6 to 2.1 and 2.1 to 2.2? Should satisfy all.

Jochen

--
Emacs 22 will support MacOS and CygWin. It is not yet decided, whether
these will be used to run Emacs or the other way round.

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                            -- The Princess Bride