From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 2:29 PM
To: dev@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: [vote] MNG-1577 as the default behavior

I agree.   Anything that makes a "unpredictable behavior" predictable is

a bug fix that should go in a patch.   We've had to do all kinds of
wacky things to work around unpredictable behavior.   (we gotten
different behavior depend on the JDK we use, that's bad) 2.0.5 helped in
some cases, but this is still needed.

Dan

On Friday 16 March 2007 14:22, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> On 16 Mar 07, at 1:35 PM 16 Mar 07, Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> > I agree with Brett, this is a 2.1 change, not a 2.0.x
>
> Do you fully understand what the current behavior is and what this
> patch fixes? You are essentially condemning users to complete
> unpredictability. I really think that a build should be staged and
> explain to users what the change is and let people build with it. If
> we don't get enough feedback or there is a consensus that they think
> it's not good then we don't put it in. But we already have many users
> who are suffering and asking for this to be the default behavior.
>
> Jason.
>
> > Now as Jochen says, nothing prevents pushing stuff from 2.1 to 2.2
> > and get an earlier 2.1, i though we were going to do it anyway.

> >> Agreed. On the other hand, most others seem to consider this change

> >> important.
> >>
> >> So, why not simply renaming 2.0.6 to 2.1 and 2.1 to 2.2? Should
> >> satisfy all.
> >>
> >> Jochen
> >>
> >> --
> >> Emacs 22 will support MacOS and CygWin. It is not yet decided,
> >> whether these will be used to run Emacs or the other way round.

> >>additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > --
> > I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
> > No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
> >                             -- The Princess Bride

> additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer