Vincent,

On Thursday 22 March 2007 16:30, Vincent Massol wrote:
> Can you tell me more about it?
>
> I've checked and I've noticed you add the following 3 lines to
> PmdReport.java:
>
> +        locator.addSearchPath( FileResourceLoader.ID, project.getFile
> ().getParentFile().getAbsolutePath() );
> +        locator.addSearchPath( "url", "" );
> +        locator.setOutputDirectory( new File( project.getBuild
> ().getDirectory() ) );
>
> What is the current if you don't have these lines (I need to
> understand so that I can add a test for the problem - Note that I
> already have a test for bundling a Clover license file in a JAR and
> it seems to work fine)?

The problem usually would be if the Clover license is from a non-jar URL.
The unit test I did for PMD was to throw it on the filesystem and create
a "file:/" URL for it.  However, it's possibly broken for any URL (like
HTTP).

> > 2) You didn't provide a staging location and such for the vote.
> What kind of staging location? Is it simply a matter of putting the
> plugin jar somewhere or do I need to reproduce a maven repo structure
> and such (and if so how)? I probably missed the discussions on this
> and I apologize for that.

Jason documented most of it at:
http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html

Dan

> Thanks
> -Vincent
>
> > On Friday 16 March 2007 10:45, Vincent Massol wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> As Mike Perham pointed out the Clover license for the release
> >> clover plugin (ie v2.3) has expired. Thus the urgency to release
> >> version 2.4.
> >>
> >> Here's the release notes for 2.4:
> >>
> >> ** Bug
> >>      * [MCLOVER-45] - Excluded files should be added to compiled
> >> sources * [MCLOVER-53] - Clover plugin installs clover instrumented
> >> source in local repository
> >>
> >> ** Improvement
> >>      * [MCLOVER-38] - Allow check Mojo to be overriden by a
> >> failOnViolation parameter in the same way PMD and Checkstyle can
> >>      * [MCLOVER-65] - Clover license has expired
> >>
> >> Here's my +1
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> -Vincent

> > --