+1

Stéphane

On 3/29/07, John Casey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is the second attempt, after fixing:

* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-155
* http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-192
* [file and directory mode parsing]

WRT mode parsing, everything is now parsed using Integer.parseInt( mode, 8
). If this results in a NumberFormatException, that is wrapped in an
AssemblyFormattingException that indicates that it was a file/dir mode that
failed to parse. If the parse succeeds, the resulting mode int is checked
for sanity. That is, cases where group|world have perms that the user
doesn't, or cases where world has perms that the group doesn't (as in,
user:rx, group:rwx, world: rx). This could still break builds where a mode
is specified in decimal, but at least there should be some indication of
what went wrong...and now they'll know that we're trying to do the right
thing. Also, all of the mode parsing has been consolidated into
TypeConversionUtils, with a TypeConversionUtilsTest to check my work.
Finally, for MASSEMBLY-155, there is a new integration test that verifies
its behavior.

So, let's try this again:

I wanted to call a vote to release a beta version of the new assembly
plugin. There are still some outstanding issues (though not as many as jira
would have you believe; they just need tests), but I think we're at around
95-99% backward compatibility and the new features seem to be working well.
It's been just sitting in SVN for quite awhile now, and many people are
using it directly from there. I'd like to provide better support for those
people, and start getting more feedback on exactly what's still broken.

The change list is pretty large, but is mainly concerned with refactoring
the plugin away from the old monolithic approach to one that uses phases to
handle the different descriptor sections, along with common task classes to
handle behavior shared between phases.

Road Map:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11126&styleName=Html&version=12617

Tag:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/tags/maven-assembly-plugin-2.2-beta-1

Staging repository:

http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/repo<http://people.apache.org/%7Ejdcasey/stage/repo>

So, let's try 72h +1/+0/-1. Please cast your votes!

Here's my +1.

-john