Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:

> I thought one of the main arguments in all this discussion is to make
> things simple and easy for users. At least those were the comments against
> forcing everyone to explicitly set versions for everything. The bundle
> will free every single user of having to go finding out what version of
> what to use. And it could allow for auto upgrading in a more consistent
> manner, if the user so chooses.

Indeed,  I'd rather version bump the bundle than version bump each
individual plugin.

If we are going to reccomend that all versions are set in the pom, then we
are going to need an easy way to version bump.  Perhaps we need something
like "mvn help:effective-pom" does now, or pehaps a way of listing all newer
available plugins.