On 5 Jun 07, at 10:31 PM 5 Jun 07, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

people use what they need, if they want just the IoC container they
don't add all the required dependencies of the whole spring
Our APIs are there and we have to keep backwards compatibility anyway.

In 2.0.x that's perfectly fine. In 2.1.x it starts with the embeddder facade being rock solid and nothing else is feasible in the short term. In 2.1.x we can break whatever we want, even though we have to provide an exact match in the runtime for plugins and maintain the CLI which is going to be hard enough. Everything else internally can wait provided the majority of use cases are satisfied.

John has started an API cleanup for artifact resolution and one is
slated for maven-project but the second we promote these we are
really bound to support them and the one that are there now are
unsupportable.