On 5 Jun 07, at 11:29 PM 5 Jun 07, Brett Porter wrote:

On 06/06/2007, at 1:24 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

Ok, we have a problem with 2.0.6/2.0.7-SNAPSHOT with the surefire plugin when there are xml classes used in tests. I'm trying this with Russ Tremain at Sun with the JBI components project.

What version of surefire is that using?

All versions of released Surefire with 2.0.6/2.0.7. The only thing that works is Surefire 2.1.3 with 2.0.5. They just stayed there because nothing else work but they want to move forward to 2.0.7.

2.3.1-SNAPSHOT should be the thing to test if it is not working with 2.3.

Cool, I'll get him to try that.

I'm going to get him to try a snapshot version of surefire.

Brett, is there a new snapshot of surefire up and is it reasonably stable to try. I'm going to try these things first as a lot of classloader stuff is being fixed in surefire so I want to try

Kenney made the last change, so I'm not sure if he's deployed that, but I can do that now.

Great, I'll point Russ at that and see if the work you guys have done solves the problem.

- Brett

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder and PMC Chair, Apache Maven