Brett Porter wrote:
I don't really grok why this set of problems have come up now, but I don't agree with requiring a surefire plugin upgrade to upgrade to 2.0.7. We've been advocating pinning the version of plugins - that would be nastiness to have to go and change them.

If 2.1.3 or 2.2 or 2.3 of surefire work with 2.0.6, then they should work with 2.0.7. Just take 2.3.1-SNAPSHOT and 2.4-SNAPSHOT right out of the equation.

Yup. We've established that 2.3 works fine with 2.0.7, though still contains very old bugs that have long been resolved.
We can release 2.0.7 before surefire 2.3.1.

- Brett