From: Jason van Zyl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 11:19 AM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 2.0.7

On 14 Jun 07, at 7:14 AM 14 Jun 07, Wendy Smoak wrote:

On 6/14/07, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

All the new stuff is here:

http://people.apache.org/~jvanzyl/

Is there a buildable-from-source distribution?

I only see -bin here: http://people.apache.org/~jvanzyl/maven-2.0.7/

We've never had one, but I can certainly make one by exporting the tag
and zipping it up. All the source archives to date are simply the source
as record, they don't include anything in there to build them.
I don't think this is useful at all to anyone but if it's a legal
requirement to have a buildable-from-source distribution it will take me
a few minutes to make it. I'm not sure Maven SCM supports and export
that would work and I'm certainly not going to mess around with that at
this stage to put in the build. But if we want to give people what I
actually used to build the release then the tag should be exported and
zipped up.

--
Wendy

additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder and PMC Chair, Apache Maven