From: Mark Hobson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 9:46 AM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: Adding wildcards to IncludesArtifactFilter

On 15/06/07, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think you have two different things here. The first visualizing the
> tree removing certain aspects and this implies the resolution is
> complete and you're looking at a reduction. The second is actually
> changing how the resolution happened in the first place. I don't
> think filtering has anything to do with visualization. The filtering
> obviously affects what shows up to be viewed, but I don't think the
> filter is what you want when you're looking at a dependency tree.

Sure, you wouldn't typically filter with wildcards during resolution,
although it is feasible.  The filtering during serialisation is
performed by a DependencyNodeFilter, where one of the implementations
provides a bridge to ArtifactFilter.  This allows us to reuse these
filters, hence me adding wildcard functionality to
IncludesArtifactFilter.

Mark