On 22/06/07, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It's never been an alternative, but it was implemented as "newest
wins" in an early alpha.

Curse the person who switched to nearest! ;)

> How would anyone select a different strategy? This would require a
> change to the POM to even turn on any alternatives. Even if the API
> for the resolution was completely hidden something fundamental
> would have to change i.e. the POM in order to activate it. No?

Yes, I think it'd require a POM change to activate, so I'm more in
favour of it being a starting point in 2.1.

As mentioned above, this requires a change in the Maven installation
rather than the POM.  Obviously far from ideal, but I'm happy to live
with this for the huge gain in productivity.

[snip]

Mark