On 27/06/07, Mark Hobson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The alternative of using role hints would be preferable, so thanks for
the pointers, I'll try implementing this now.  What's the best place
in the POM to configure the role hint with changing the schema though?
 Is there a reserved namespace of properties we could use, e.g.
maven.* so I could use maven.conflict.resolver=newest perhaps?

I'm not too clear on how you see a POM property getting through to the
DefaultArtifactCollector to obtain the default list of
ConflictResolvers.  Currently, the existing ArtifactCollector collect
method now delegates to an overloaded version that takes a list of
conflict resolvers:

ArtifactResolutionResult collect(..., List conflictResolvers )

So when delegating it needs to build a list of conflict resolvers to
use by default.  Previously this was done with a ConflictResolver
field that Plexus injected the default role-hint implementation into,
which could then be overridden from a POM extension components.xml.

Now, if we take the route of specifying the role-hint in the POM
somehow, how would this be cleanly propagated to DAC?

Cheers,

Mark