+1 good plan,

Andy

On 29 Jun 2007, at 07:28, Jason van Zyl wrote:

Hi,

After a fews weeks of sorting out some niggly details the new code new by default will produce a functional archetype without user intervention, and projects can be generated with the old and new archetype plugins. I asked that Raphael make some additions which generate the old and new descriptors so that anyone who had nailed down versions of their plugins by turning off updates will still be able to use new archetypes with the plugin they have on hand. You can still optionally enter interactive mode and the code is working well from the users perspective. The code can be refactored incrementally but will be a big improvement for users. I think Raphael has done a very good job and I think it's now ready to bring over here. I've been using the code for the last week trying it out with a Maven integration test archetype and it's working well.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder and PMC Chair, Apache Maven