http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/faq.html#unversioned-jars

You can name that what you wish in build/deployment/production, they just need a version in the repository.

On 03/07/2007, at 6:27 AM, Harish Kachoria wrote:

In maven 1.0 we were using <jar> tag to define jar dependancy. which I think
deprecated.

How ever in my current project I'm trying to integrating Maven 2.0 (Before
that we make jar using javac and used it).
Problems which I have -

- I have many jars which are third party/inbuild libraries and which do not
have any version number.
- Application is already in production and currently all libraries are
stored in server/lib folder.
 - and same libraries are used by many other projects.

And Management won't allow me to rename the jar files which are already in production. (That can be done step by step when all projects become migrated
to Maven)

And because of this reason I want's to refer Jar file in my dependancy
section.
One alernate way I found is to use System Path. But I think it is not
correct way to use.

So If I have feature which we already had in Maven 1.0 to refer library
without version number then it would be very much help ful.

Harish Kachoria wrote:

Hello All,

I'm trying to integrating Maven in my project.

I was quite comfortable using maven 1.0.

But with Maven 2.0 I have one problem to define dependency of a jar file.

I wants to define dependency without having a version number. how can I do
that ??

Please suggest me

Best Regards
Harish