About this link, why couldn't we have a consistent behaviour for javadoc and
sources jar?

Why not adding a downloadJavadoc property, which, when set to true, would
download and attach the javadoc to the dependency.

I don't really see why javadoc should be a fallback if sources are not
available.

Some developpers might prefer to have javadoc linked, some sources linked and
some both. Shouldn't the eclipse plugin allow for all the possiblities instead
of stating that the preferred option is always to get the sources instead of
the Javadoc?

To be followed in :
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-292

Denis.