Okay, bit of a mixed bag for this vote:

+1 javadoc: Brett, Dennis, Brian, Christian, Rahul
-1 javadoc: Jochen, Stephane, Reinhard

+1 sources: Mark, Dennis, Brian, Christian
-1 sources: Brett, Jochen, Stephane, Reinhard, Rahul

It seems there's a few prerequisites to this being widely accepted:

- MECLIPSE-292: eclipse IT tests are sensitive to current users's settings.xml
- MECLIPSE-292: Behaviour for sources and Javadoc attachement for
dependencies should be consistent
- Making the Idea plugin cache missing javadoc/source jars as per the
Eclipse plugin

Is anyone aware of an issue for the latter?  If not, I'll raise one.
We could raise an issue to revisit this that depends on the above
issues.

Cheers,

Mark

On 04/07/07, Jörg Schaible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Cabasson Denis wrote on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 4:57 PM:

> About this link, why couldn't we have a consistent behaviour
> for javadoc and sources jar?

[snip]

Because here it becomes IDE dependent. Eclipse displays Javadoc automatically
if the sources are available. No need to download Javadocs separatly. However,
I don't know how IDEA or NetBeans works, but it is clear that you are not able
to unify the bahaviour from the Maven side.

- Jörg