Hello guys,

we had an issue recently with Continuum on Cocoon and continuous integration
which fails to check JDK 1.4 compliance of Cocoon's code base since Continuum
itself is running with a JDK 5 (in that particular case it was usage of
ThreadLocal.remove() [1]). I found the thread about raising the minimum JDK for
Continuum where exactly such issues where foreseen [2]. Brett talked about the
possibility to fork builds with Continuum [3]. Is that how Maven assures 1.4
compatibility running its Continuum? Or how do you assure it? Putting it to the
extremes there might even be a JDK 1.4 project using "enum" keyword which should
be build with Continuum. If the latter requires JDK 5 is it possible though to
build that project?

Thanks for any hint,

Joerg

[1] http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=118115701130207&w=4