just fyi, we are working on getting that profile enabled version
released in the next couple of weeks

jesse

On 7/10/07, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 11/07/2007, at 10:32 AM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> we had an issue recently with Continuum on Cocoon and continuous
> integration
> which fails to check JDK 1.4 compliance of Cocoon's code base since
> Continuum
> itself is running with a JDK 5 (in that particular case it was
> usage of
> ThreadLocal.remove() [1]). I found the thread about raising the
> minimum JDK for
> Continuum where exactly such issues where foreseen [2].

The binding problem is a relatively small number of cases that can
probably be avoided in your code. Accidentally using JDK 5 methods is
something that comes up frequently and you should certainly regularly
build on 1.4 to check.

> Brett talked about the
> possibility to fork builds with Continuum [3].

Continuum always forks builds. However, controlling the JDK it used
was not easy. I do believe profiles support will be in the next
release and will make it easy.

> Putting it to the
> extremes there might even be a JDK 1.4 project using "enum" keyword
> which should
> be build with Continuum. If the latter requires JDK 5 is it
> possible though to
> build that project?

Setting the correct -source will take care of that.

- Brett

jesse mcconnell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]