+1

let's make more releases so we can track the problems as the arise

On 7/11/07, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
++1. The JIRA for 2.1-alpha-1 needs to be culled back to just the
regressions, IMO. (Frankly, 2.1.x needs a big scythe run over it too
and some more modest goals set in terms of features to include).

The only other thing I'd note is that we had a list running of things
that needed to be dealt with before getting 2.1 kicking. I'd like to
ensure the project is moving forward on trunk dev and ready to deal
with jira before this release goes out (because people will use it
despite the alpha warnings :)

Let's not have Maven 1.1 be the only point release this project ever
gets out :)

- Brett

On 12/07/2007, at 1:15 AM, John Casey wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We've been trying for quite a long time to get into a mode of
> faster, more incremental releases. However, when it comes to
> actually doing this, we seem married to the idea of pushing out
> impressive feature lists with new releases.
>
> I'd like to call an end to that practice, and start pushing out a
> 2.1-alpha-1 release of Maven. No, it's not perfect. No, it doesn't
> have even the beginnings of some of the features we'd like to have
> in 2.1 eventually. Yes, there will be some regressions. But after
> all, this would be the first alpha release of the 2.1 minor
> version...so it's expected to be more of a quick sketch, and
> lacking some (perhaps important) details.
>
> 2.1-SNAPSHOT already has some interesting new capabilities. I'm
> sure I can't name them all, but I know that personally, I've
> enabled custom profile activators and the ability to preview the
> build plan before it's executed, among other things. We've
> (primarily Jason) been steadily improving the embedder support, and
> that's gotten pretty damn good at this point, too. I for one would
> like to start getting some feedback about the stuff we're working
> on out here, and I think putting together a packaged distribution
> is the best way to go about that.
>
> What do others think?
>
> -john
>

> ---