On 31 Aug 07, at 9:48 AM 31 Aug 07, Brett Porter wrote:

On 01/09/2007, at 2:27 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

As I noted before, if the ITs are reasonably under control with a way for people to make them and submit them then I will cut alphas everyday.

There's some known failures I'd like to fix, that's all. They are all in JIRA.

Brian is pretty much done. Is that true Brian on the Archetype front?

And you were supposed to figure out the JIRA workflow

already done

and I am supposed to do the patch submission policy.

that's great, but I don't think it's required to cut an alpha-1 (which I thought you agreed to last time I asked in June, which is why I assumed it wasn't a blocker).

Just the page saying how we take patches, a few paragraphs talking about the IT archetype. If we're happy with the state of ITs that's not hard to whip off.

I don't think you can reasonably say what can be released when until people actually start doing some work.

I think there's enough work in there already to start turning them out right now.

As long as people are warned that's fine. I'm using it in production in a few places and it's pretty stable and has been for a while.

I also think it's appropriate to reduce the scope of 2.1 now to make working on it more approachable, to make maintaining JIRA easier and to get a final release out sooner. We need a small, incremental update - not Maven 3.0.

If we've got those couple things above I'll start cutting releases. I have no problem with that.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jason