On 02/09/2007, at 11:37 PM, Brian E. Fox wrote:

I know its another directory, but the following might be more
straightforward:

.
|-- metadata
|   |-- apache.snapshots
|   |-- central
|   |-- codehaus.snapshots
|   `-- ...
|-- release-cache
|-- snapshot-cache
`-- workspace
    |-- default
    |-- workspace1
    `-- ...

I'm not sure why the metadata should be separate, but I can see the
release-cache, snapshot-cache and workspaces being useful. I like this
suggestion better than the original. The locking would be nice too.

the metadata separation is a bit of a toss up for me - it would have the benefit of being able to interchange a local and remote repository instead of the metadata format being separate. I added it in here as a related change because of that benefit, but it isn't really related to the initial requirements.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter - [EMAIL PROTECTED]