Vincent Siveton wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:

> >> Sorry, i have been busy, and still.
> >>
> >> I suggest that one of us composes a list of steps,
> >> then contacts Maven.
> >>
> >> Here are some items that i can quickly think of:
> >>
> >> * A Maven committer does a complete 'svn copy' of
> >> everything in forrestdoc. This retains history (and
> >> can do subsequent moves/deletes from there).
> >
> > Absolutely agree: it is a benefit to be part of ASF community ;)
> >
> >> * Then a Forrest committer does an 'svn delete' from
> >> our SVN forrest/whiteboard/forrestdoc
> >>
> >> * Maven might need to explore what happened with the
> >> import of the Vizant code. We haven't really investigated
> >> the provenance of any of forrestdoc. There are some recent
> >> notes in
> >> forrest/whiteboard/forrestdoc/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestdoc/ant/doc/package.htm
> >
> > I am aware :)
> > For others, see FOR-1029
> >
> >> * Need to add comments to the various recent email
> >> threads to provide cross-references for the archives
> >> and mention the issue number.
> >
> > I will also add that Forrest Team needs to remove "Tool: Forrestdoc"
> > component in jira.

Thanks.

Another thing is that Forrest need to remove the "forrestdoc"
entry from our Gump descriptor.

> > So, waiting for the green light to go ahead.

Really sorry that the Forrest PMC has taken so long
to finalise this.

Please Apache Maven PMC, tell us when you have done
the 'svn copy' and we will remove it from ours.

Note for the archives: See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-820

-David