On 17-Jan-08, at 6:24 PM, Dan Fabulich wrote:

Responding out of order, techincal stuff first...

Daniel Kulp wrote:

The fact is MSHADE-9 is not something we can fix in maven-shade- plugin. It's a bug in ASM and isn't fixable until they provide a fix. (unless someone wants to jump into ASM code. I don't have the time.)

I'm not saying MSHADE-9 is easy to fix, but that claim assumes we're using ASM correctly, which seems like a pretty bold assumption to me; ASM is notoriously finicky. If anything's likely to be wrong, it's probably us!

We can talk to Eugene as I got his advice first. He's as ASM committer and it's his code in ASM that I originally used.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

-- Jakob Burckhardt