On Feb 11, 2008 6:45 AM, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've always wanted to see an attribute based POM, so based on Nicolas'
> suggestion I killed some time after waking up early this morning to do
> it.
>
> JIRA: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3397
>
> Here is a build to try:
> http://people.apache.org/~brett/apache-maven-2.0.9-SNAPSHOT-terse-bin.tar.gz
> and svn branch:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/components/branches/maven-2.0.x-terse
>
> Here are two different files for comparison (it halved the size):
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/archiva/trunk/pom.xml?content-type=text%2Fplain&view=co
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/archiva/trunk/pom-4.1.0.xml?content-type=text%2Fplain&view=co

How about the option to specify a "dependency" group for dependencies
that have the same groupId - something like:

<dependencyGroup groupId="org.apache.maven.archiva">
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-applet"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-artifact-converter"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-artifact-reports"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-common"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-configuration"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-consumer-api"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-converter"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-dependency-graph"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-core"
version="${pom.version}"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-core-consumers"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-database"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-database-consumers"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-indexer"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-lucene-consumers"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-model"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-plexus-application"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT" type="plexus-application"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-policies"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-proxy"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-report-manager"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-repository-layer"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-scheduled"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-security"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-signature-consumers"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-transaction"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT"/>
      <dependency artifactId="archiva-docs"
version="1.1-SNAPSHOT" type="zip" classifier="docs"/>
</dependencyGroup>

Niall