On 01/03/2008, at 11:30 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

Yes, I'm generally in favour of the proposal - it is how we've always wanted it to work.

I'm just chucking out ideas.

Yep, I just meant in reference to not needing to distribute stuff in the core.

- I don't see any point of putting the deploy plugin version in there - the standard mechanism is fine.

It may not be the deploy plugin if it became a core version component, but what do you mean by the standard mechanism? In <build/ > and <distributionManagement/> or do you mean the auto version selection?

Yeah, I think it's worth continuing to use the deploy plugin and specifying it in the <build/> section (along with version and configuration), but maybe scoping it back to the alternate deployment scenarios (like altDeploymentRepository, deploy-file), and pushing more of the standard configuration into distributionManagement like you indicated (And that functionality into the core component if relevant).

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter