On 16-Mar-08, at 3:28 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

On 17/03/2008, at 6:03 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

All control must reside in the repository manager or it's a configuration nightmare.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. A repository manager is an optimisation (and best practice) in using Maven, but not a pre- requisite. Let's not forget the people that just want to build some OSS project that depends on other repositories.

I think people in OSS will start using repositories managers for the convenience, but it will effectively become a pre-requisite in a production environment. Of that I have no doubt.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.

-- Unknown