When discussing about mirroring, you could also consider
http://www.metalinker.org/

Also, the full control of the repository (or mirrors) you use is a
critical security feature.  You must be sure that you can trust the
repositories you use, and the authenticity of the jar that are on this
repository.

Gilles

Gilles Scokart