Hi Dan, we saw that last night, try the RC4-SNAPSHOT:
http://people.apache.org/~brianf

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 2:54 PM
To: dev@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: [pre vote take 3] 2.0.9-RC3

I'm seeing a regression in CXF builds with 2.0.9-RC3.   I cannot do a
deploy.   One of the CXF poms is probably not setup completely
"optimal",
but it works for 2.0.6-2.0.8.

Basically, for some reason, it ends up running javadoc twice.  With
2.0.8,
that's fine.  With 2.0.9, I get:

[INFO] Building jar:
/home/dkulp/working/cxf/api/target/cxf-api-2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT-javado
c.jar
[WARNING] Duplicate artifact attachment detected. (project:
org.apache.cxf:cxf-api:jar:2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT; illegal attachment:
org.apache.cxf:cxf-api:javadoc:javadoc:2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error attaching artifact to project: Duplicate attachment.

Embedded error: Duplicate artifact attachment detected. (project:
org.apache.cxf:cxf-api:jar:2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT; illegal attachment:
org.apache.cxf:cxf-api:javadoc:javadoc:2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT)
[INFO]
[INFO]

Dan

http://people.apache.org/~brianf/staging-repository/org/apache/maven/apa
> che-maven/2.0.9-RC3/
>

> You'll notice that this one has an RC qualifier attached to it. Since
> what I've actually been staging hasn't been for an official vote, it
> makes more sense to have actual deterministic numbers on them instead
of
> continuously rolling back and forth between .10 and .9.
>

> The other significant reason it has a qualifier is that I want to
> solicit feedback from the users list without potentially getting
> multiple versions out there called 2.0.9. My new mantra for the maven
> release is "no more regressions". To that end, what I intend to do is
> let the RC sit here for a day. If no one turns up anything new (it
> should be good since this is really attempt #3), then I'll email the
> user list to solicit feedback. Naturally we'll probably get a slew of
> "can you fix xyz" but the only thing that we will consider at this
point
> would be a regression from 2.0.8 to the current RC. If something is
> identified then we should consider fixing it and re-releasing RC4. I
> think that having the users more involved in testing the RCs is the
only
> way to really identify and eliminate regressions. If someone
identifies
> a regression after the fact and didn't speak up or try it, well that's
> unfortunate but it'll have to wait.
>

> The RC can sit with the users for 3 days. If nothing turns up, then
I'll
> restage with a final release tag and we can do a formal vote. Assuming
> this is all successful, then I'll document a more formal Core release
> procedure that we can follow going forward.
>

> Here's the list of issues fixed in the latest RC:
>

> Release Notes - Maven 2 - Version 2.0.9
>

> ** Bug
>
>     * [MNG-1412] - dependency sorting in classpath
>
>     * [MNG-1914] - Wrong url in error message when using a mirror
>
>     * [MNG-2123] - NullPointerException when a dependency uses version
> range and another uses an actual version incompatible with that range
>
>     * [MNG-2145] - Plugins' dependencies are not always checked
>
>     * [MNG-2178] - incorrect M2_HOME guess in mvn.bat
>
>     * [MNG-2234] - activeProfile in ~/.m2/settings.xml is ignored when
> profiles section is missing or empty
>
>     * [MNG-2339] - ${project.*} are interpreted in the wrong place
>
>     * [MNG-2744] - checksum comparison should be case-insensitive
>
>     * [MNG-2809] - Can't activate a profile by checking for the
presence
> of a file in ${user.home}
>
>     * [MNG-2848] - Environment variables in profile activation not
> working
>
>     * [MNG-2861] - NullPointerException in DefaultArtifactCollector
for
> relocated resolvedArtifacts with different version ranges and
available
> versions.
>
>     * [MNG-2925] - NullPointerException in PluginDescriptor.getMojo()
if
> there's no mojo in pom.xml
>
>     * [MNG-2928] - Null pointer exeception when introducing version
> range [major.minor.build-SNAPSHOT,)
>
>     * [MNG-2972] - Ignores version of plugin dependency specified in
my
> pom
>
>     * [MNG-3086] - NullPointerException in
> ResolutionNode.getTrail(ResolutionNode.java:136)
>
>     * [MNG-3099] - Profiles ignored when working with non-projects
(such
> as archetype:create)
>
>     * [MNG-3111] - Classpath order incorrect
>
>     * [MNG-3156] - NullPointerException with mvn dependency:sources
>
>     * [MNG-3221] - Infinite loop in DefaultLifecycleExecutor
>
>     * [MNG-3259] - Regression: Maven drops dependencies in
multi-module
> build
>
>     * [MNG-3286] - execution.inherited field is ignored
>
>     * [MNG-3288] - Invalid systemPath allows build to
continue--failing