Because those plugins doesn't support custom setup :

I'm using the sysdeo-tomcat plugin to setup tomcat plugin for eclipse. It
makes my life simplier but is ignored by q4e / m2eclipse.

And AFAIK neither m2eclipse nor q4e support to read the maven checkstyle(*)
configuration to setup checkstyle(*) plugin,
(*) : replace with your favorite plugin.

Nico.