+1 for 2.1, -1 for 2.0.10

Regards,

Garvin LeClaire
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

nicolas de loof wrote:
Hello,

As you can read at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/
*" J2SE 1.4.2 is in its Java Technology End of Life (EOL) transition period*.
The EOL transition period began Dec, 11 2006 and will complete October 30th,
2008"

I don't think we have plan yet to release maven 2.1, so I think it would be
a valid to require java 1.5 as minimal runtime.

Main beneficts (IMHO) :

- annotation can replace javadoc-style IoC an Maven plugin declarations
(code allready available :
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Java+5+Annotations+for+Plugins)
- jsr-250 annotations can replace some plexus interfaces ( LogEnabled ->
@Resource('log') , Initializable --> @PostConstruct ...) and make component
more "standard" and accessible to developpers without plexus knowledge.
- generics can make the maven model more comprehensible. The current
"Collection project.getArtifacts()" is not really clear and the fiew
available javadoc don't help a lot.

Other possible improvements :

- plugin test tool could use jUnit 4 runners to create something comparable
to spring-test-context :
annotate your plugin test class with @Runwith( "MavenPluginTestRunner" )
@Pom( "myTestPom.xml" )
and the test will prepare the plugin set in the test pom and inject it in
the test class.
- benefict from java.util.concurrent to do some tasks in parallel ? Example
: dependencies downloading
- any other ?

WDYT ?

Nicolas.