From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Paul Benedict
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:18 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.0.10-RC1

I do not think it's worth doing.

RCs for Maven are not used like they are for at other projects, e.g.,
the
Spring Framework. Spring uses each RC to apply about 100 new issues to
bring
the product to a "feature complete" stage. At Maven, the use of RC is to
eliminate regressions after features are complete.

If you saw how 2.0.9 went, typically only one issue separated one RC
from
another. If the above point didn't sell, I further add It wouldn't be
worth
the maintenance for single issues.

Paul

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Arnaud HERITIER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>