Can you try again with the code on trunk? Just committed some more changes.

Dan

On Jul 18, 2008, at 6:45 AM, Mark Hobson wrote:

2008/7/16 Daniel Kulp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
I just verified with CXF that if I use maven 2.0.7, the reduced pom has many extra excludes. I've gone ahead and added some code to the ShadeMojo to double check if it's an irrelevant exclude and not bother. This isn't needed with 2.0.9, but it is with 2.0.7. Can you checkout the code from
svn and retry with that?

I've just tried with the shade trunk and Maven 2.0.9 and I still get
too many excludes.  My project dependency tree is essentially:

foo:project:jar:1.0
+- foo:dependency:jar:1.0:compile
|  +- foo:a:jar:1.0:compile
|  \- foo:b:jar:1.0:compile
\- foo:shademe:jar:1.0:compile

I'm shading foo:shademe and get the following dependency-reduced- pom.xml:

<project>
 <groupId>foo</groupId>
 <artifactId>project</artifactId>
 <version>1.0</version>
 <dependencies>
   <dependency>
     <groupId>foo</groupId>
     <artifactId>dependency</artifactId>
     <version>1.0</version>
     <scope>compile</scope>
     <exclusions>
       <exclusion>
         <groupId>foo</groupId>
         <artifactId>a</artifactId>
       </exclusion>
       <exclusion>
         <groupId>foo</groupId>
         <artifactId>b</artifactId>
       </exclusion>
     </exclusions>
   </dependency>
 </dependencies>
</project>

I don't quite get what updateExcludesInDeps is attempting to do.
Surely the dependency reduced pom should just be the original with:

1) any direct dependencies on the shaded artifacts removed
2) any transitive dependencies on the shaded artifacts excluded from
their direct dependency

Unshaded artifacts, like foo:a and foo:b in the example above,
shouldn't even be considered should they?

Cheers,

Mark

---
Daniel Kulp