I've gone over the docs, to make sure they are OK. I also went through a couple of the other pre release checks.

While doing this I found an error in the Clirr report that might be worth having a look at:

In method 'public boolean updateExcludesInDeps(org.apache.maven.project.MavenProject, java.util.List)' the number of arguments has changed

This is in the class org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.mojo.ShadeMojo

It went from
    public boolean updateExcludesInDeps( MavenProject project,
                                         List dependencies )
    public boolean updateExcludesInDeps( MavenProject project,
                                         List dependencies,
                                         List transitiveDeps )

John Casey wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'd like to check and see how close people think we're getting to a release of the maven-shade-plugin. I understand there are some outstanding issues related to excludes, but at this point the pending 1.2 release is blocking the maven 2.0.10 release.

Can we talk about specific issues that are waiting for 1.2, and who's working on what?

Thanks,

-john

--
Dennis Lundberg