Where it was, or not there at all yielded the same net result. There's nothing to understand about the links, it's clear what their purpose is which is to promote the ASF. I have no problem with that. I started reclaiming real estate on the site that was yielding no results. I wasn't arguing about putting it back, just somewhere it wasn't a complete waste of space.

Doing anything without questioning or understanding is unequivocally the worst course of action one can take. The net result here is that someone might actually go to the ASF pages now.