John Casey wrote:
I've checked the maven core and plugins builds, and they're both running around 30s longer than with 2.0.9, with slightly less memory consumption. Other builds I've tried are running nearer to +15s over 2.0.9.

Here's a benchmark done on a sizeable project:
2.0.9
[INFO] Total time: 3 minutes 26 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Aug 05 09:11:06 BST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 62M/134M

2.0.10-RC5
[INFO] Total time: 4 minutes 16 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Aug 05 09:06:49 BST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 58M/135M

So a 20% increase on the original time - which is acceptable IMO for the sake of reproducibility. Certainly not a 300% increase.

Granted, these aren't huge builds, but neither are they the 3X time increase over 2.0.9 that others are reporting. Can we live with this performance issue through 2.0.10, and try to find a better way around for 2.0.11?

I would be inclined to say yes - and if someone hit these huge performance problems, could they stay on 2.0.9 until 2.0.11 came out with the fix?

Cheers